Reporting Data Parity
S

Sara Westland

Published:

05/21/24 11:59 PM

Hi All,

I've been using Sprinklr for about 8 years now and something that has always been an issue has been data parity in reporting. What metrics are you using to reporting on social performance that are on par with what you see on the native platforms? I am specifically looking for a comprehensive metric that collects organic and boosted metrics, for Likes, Comments, Shares, Total Engagements (including clicks), Impressions, and Engagement Rate.

I know there are API issues with Instagram Stories + Paid data. The paid data portion of that doesn't make sense to me since the advertising technically goes through Facebook ads and Facebook is really the only platform I've never had an issue with. Twitter metrics are off too, with Total Engagements being underreported and Impressions are inconsistent with data from native - as such the engagement rate is usually incorrectly skewed very low compared to what we see on native.

I was told to use Unified Analytics as my data source to help minimize data issues, but this has just lead to more work in creating custom metrics that require adjusting when I do my monthly/quarterly reports due to API changes.

This makes reporting incredibly difficult as we report based on custom fields. I'm spending DAYS aligning native data with custom fields manually.
Sprinklr Social
Measurement
Data
API

+5

Question

Updated

1 day

Comments

• J

Jay Elango

29 days

ago

24/05/2024

Hi Sara,

Thank you for your 8 years of trust in Sprinklr! I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the metrics. I understand how challenging this can be, and I have reached out to our support team. Help is on the way!

• S

Sprinklr's Community

28 days

ago

24/05/2024

Hi Sara,

I hope you are doing well.

Re: What metrics are you using to reporting on social performance that are on par with what you see on the native platforms?

>> Attaching this article for the metrics: https://www.sprinklr.com/help/articles/create-manage/unified-analytics-metrics/65786d4c043d5b42c0fe2305

Re: Twitter metrics are off too, with Total Engagements being underreported and Impressions are inconsistent with data from native - as such the engagement rate is usually incorrectly skewed very low compared to what we see on native.

>> Please let us know with the details such as partner, dashboard link, date range and the data which you are seeing on native. We can raise a new case on your behalf to investigate this.

Re: UA has lead to more work in creating custom metrics.

UA metrics can also be created through bulk.

Thanks,

Ishani

• S

Sara Westland

23 days

ago

29/05/2024

I appreciate the replies from Sprinklr support staff, but this is not the help I am looking for. If my various CSM/ads support reps couldn't solve this issue for me, I am not sure you can and I am honestly so exhausted trying to resolve this with Sprinklr employees. The most recent solutions was using custom metrics with Unified Analytics being the data source, and that still isn't good enough. The data disparity is BAD.

I am reaching out to other SMMs that use Sprinklr to understand how THEY do reporting in the face of data parity issues and what, if any, work arounds they use. I want real use cases from other people using the platform.

• J

Jay Elango

23 days

ago

29/05/2024

Got it, Sara. In the meantime, let me also reach out to a few SMM customers and ask them to get in touch with you to share their feedback here.

• K

Kristina Lintz

22 days

ago

30/05/2024

Hi Sara - I've never been told to use Unified Analytics, only have ever used Social Analytics for Outbound Message reporting. Agree with you re: IG Paid data completely missing from the platform, but since that aligns with the other tools we use, we look past it. 

For X, is there a chance that there's posts getting boosted from a different Ads Manager than what you have connected into Sprinklr? 

We can't use Engagement Rate at the account level because Sprinklr doesn't accurately filter out deleted posts with 0's in the metrics, so I created a Custom Metric version of the Engagement Rate to set a filter of Engagements > 5.  

Good luck.

• S

Sara Westland

22 days

ago

30/05/2024

Hi Kristina, thanks so much for your feedback! There is no other ads manager that could be boosting. However, I am currently trying to get to the bottom of a metrics discrepancy on X WITH X because post metrics are different than what is in the export from analytics dashboard on X. But Sprinklr doesn't match either of the data sets I pull, specifically Total Engagements. Good note on the custom metrics with a filter > 5, will have to look into that! I've been exporting widget data from Sprinklr and consolidating/verifying at the post level in excel, so I weed out posts that way. I do this because I want to report based on my custom fields, but then fill it in with platform accurate data for IG and X. It's...rough.

Related Conversations
      JS

Jaimie Selwa

2 months

ago

Jaimie Selwa responded 

16 days

ago

Hello, 👋 My name is Jaimie and I'm one of the Customer Advocacy Managers. Along with @Rupali Verma and @Mara_Schoeppner, we manage the Sprinklr Champions program. Welcome to the Community and our group! We'll use this space to share updates, executive opportunities, and gather feedback from yo

Sprinklr Champions

K

Karla Prado

1 year

ago

Prabhakar Kumar responded 

2 months

ago

Hello everyone,I'm interested in integrating Sprinklr with Power BI to personalize my information. However, I haven't been able to find any documentation on the API itself. The only resources I came across were third-party platforms that require a fee for this integration. Has anyone successfully in

Platform
      API
      integrations

H

Hernan Rodriguez

2 months

ago

Hemanth Dasari responded 

1 month

ago

Good morning, I am wondering if it is possible to add music or audio to an Instagram post. When I upload/schedule, I use the Quick Publish widget and I don't see it there. If it is currently not possible, I think it would be a really neat tool!

Sprinklr Social
      instagram
      publishing
      support

P

paulo.henrique

1 year

ago

Jay Elango responded 

1 year

ago

Estou criando uma apresentação e não entendo como ela está classificando por Classificar por. Seria possível ordenar alfabeticamente, ou criar alguma regra para esta ordenação?

Platform
      Presentations

S

samantha_nardi

1 year

ago

Jay Elango responded 

1 year

ago

How can I adjust the widget dimensions in order to have a single one in one ppt slide? If I download my report dashboard as it is today, it looks weird. Collapsed columns, overlapping rows and I see only 5 lines out of 14 in total. Suggestions?  

Sprinklr Marketing
      Analyze